One of the major factors to consider when choosing the best portable toolbox for you is the amount of storage space you’ll get. Are you looking for a small toolbox to hold the tools you use most often, or are you looking for a toolbox to hold all the tools you currently have and the ones you buy in the future?
Perhaps a modular system is best for you? The Stanley STST1-80151 Essential Rolling Workshop is a perfect example of a well-designed modular toolbox fit for working at home or onsite. It’s about the size of a typical suitcase and made up of three stackable and detachable compartments.
- 3 Tier Workshop
- Interchangeable module design
- 18'' Top Toolbox with heavy duty metal latches
The top one is your basic toolbox. You’ll want to keep your essential DIY tools here so you can just grab what you want and get on with the job. Under that is a shelf unit with a carrying handle for storing more tools and at the bottom another compartment for storing the big boys (such as your cordless drill, sander etc. This bottom section holds 7” wheels so the whole lot can be moved from one place to another. It’s the number one best selling toolbox at Amazon.
Important factors to consider when buying the best portable toolbox for you
- Space – Make sure you buy a toolbox that’s large enough for all the tools you want to store. Especially if you’re planning on using it to store larger tools such as a drill, jigsaw or sander.
- Weight – Most toolboxes are fairly strong but there will come a tipping point if you store too many weighty items in a box that’s not designed to carry so much weight.
- Ease of Use – As well as storing your tools, you want a toolbox that’s easy to use and doesn’t make your work uncomfortable
- Lockable – Not a feature everyone looks for but it could be important for you.
- Portability – A good toolbox should be easily moveable from one place to another.
- Weatherproof – Essential consideration if you work outdoors or plan on doing outdoor DIY. You’ll want a toolbox that keeps out moisture
- Materials – A well-made toolbox will last for you years and withstand the knocks and scrapes it’s bound to receive.
- Price – This shouldn’t be a deciding factor but it often is. As I always say, buy the best you can afford right now as you’ll save money in the long-run.
Below is a list of the best selling portable DIY toolboxes on Amazon.
- 2-in-1 – separates into two units
- Extra large tool box with removable tote tray
- Giant lower bin for storage of bulky items
- Every Tradesman’s Best Friend – This mobile tool box is just what every tradesman needs. Based on a sturdy bottom with 2 solid wheels made for all terrain, this tool box can be maneuvered anywhere...
- Easy Allocation of Tools – With a normal large detachable tool box on top you can easily store tools as and where you need them. Additionally, we also have 3 chest compartments perfect for storing...
- Strong and Durable – Our simple design is striking yet durable! Thanks to our hand selected reinforced plastics our tool boxes are fit for purpose and can handle any job you throw at them.
- ✅PREMIUM QUALITY: Heavy duty steel construction with black finish, anti-peeling and rust proof, ensures long lasting use.
- ✅SPACIOUS DESIGN: Features 3 pull out drawers with smooth, ball-bearing slides and a cantilever tray, which keeps your tools neat and organized.
- ✅BUILT-IN LOCK: Top tray with lockable design securely keeps your tools in place when not in use. Center lock with 2 keys included.
- Material:Steel,corrosion resistance,heavy duty metal tool box 3 tier 5 tray
- It's steel construction with a tough powder coated finish give a long life.
- ✅Comes complete with 4 drawers for convenient tools sorting.
- ✅Each drawer has an EVA mat in it to prevent and absorb part of oil stain from the tools.
- ✅It also comes with one inner lock to enhance its safety and two keys included