Bosch was named as one of the UK’s top superbrands in 2014 in the business-to-business category. This shows how good their products are – if people in the building industry are happy to use their power tools and other equipment, you can be pretty sure they’re good for the average DIYer too.
Let’s take a look at some of the 18 volt cordless drills currently on the market.
Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 Cordless 18 Volt Hammer Drill
One of the biggest plus-points for PSB 18 LI-2 is its weight. At 3.6 kg it’s typically lighter than 30% of the models in a similar class.
It has a two-speed high performance planetary gearbox, which gives high power in the first gear and high speed in the second gear. This should ensure a superior lifetime.
- Ideal for screwdriving, drilling and hammer drilling
- Two gears for optimised power and speed
- 30 + 2 preselectable torque settings
- Forward and reverse indicator LEDs
- Variable speed and 3-step charge level indicator
- Always ready to use thanks to Lithium-ion technology
- Longlife thanks to Bosch electronic cell protection (ECP)
Bosch PSR 18 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver
Another powerful and compact cordless drill/driver getting rave reviews on Amazon.
The PSR 18 has 25 preselectable torque settings plus drill setting, giving maximum power for every application.
The drilling capacities are steel: 10mm and wood: 35mm. It takes a screw diameter of up to 8mm.
- Powerful 18 Volt Cordless Drill/Driver
- 10 torque settings for optimal torque when screwdriving
- Slow down or speed up the task with variable speed 0-700rpm
- Drilling depth: Steel 10mm / Wood 28mm
- Max. Screwdriving diameter 8mm
- Keyless chuck with click sound (Click tells you that the bit is tight)
- Integrated power light for working in low-light conditions
- Direction LEDs indicate if the drill is in forward or reverse mode
- Compact and ergonomic design
- Comes in a tough carrying case
Bosch PSR 18 LI-2 Cordless 18 Volt Drill/Driver
Another compact and lightweight drill/driver that pulls no punches. Weighing in at just 3.3 kg, it’s small yet powerful enough for most DIY tasks around the home.
- Easy to use power control with integrated gear shift function: 2 Gears, 10 Settings
- Keyless chuck with Autolock for easy drill change
- Always ready to use thanks to Lithium-Ion technology and changeable battery pack
- Fast charging time thanks to new 60min charger
- Integrated power light & battery status indicator