This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service from an affiliate such as Amazon after clicking a link on this website, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
On this page, you’ll find a list of 5 of the best spirit levels currently for sale on Amazon. The list is regularly and automatically updated with the items displayed in order of popularity, starting with the No1 bestseller.
- Protective end caps
- Hanging holes for storage
- 45 degrees, 90 degrees and 180 degrees vials
- High impact shock proof level
- Aluminium frame and shock resistant rubber ends
- V-shaped metal groove ideal on cylindrical surfaces
- 1.1 mm thick extruded aluminium construction
- Milled top and bottom faces for enhanced accuracy
- Ribbed sides and hanging hole
- Aluminium box section level with horizontal, vertical and 45 vials
- Accuracy 1mm per 1M = 0057 in standard position (horizontal vial) and 15M = 01 (vertical and 45 vials)
- Easy to use
- 600mm (24") Alloy spirit level
- Manufactured from lightweight aluminium
- Three vials that measure both horizontally and vertically
Spirit Level Buyer’s Guide
Spirit levels are used for checking if a surface is perfectly vertical or horizontal. Or in some cases (such as laying a patio or decking that requires adequate drainage), making sure they’re not.
And as with most tools, avoiding the cheap crap and buying a good quality product from a well-known manufacturer and looking after it, will go a long way to making it for years and years.
Experts and manufacturers advise against using spirit levels for anything other than performing the job they’re designed to do. They also advise owners to handle the equipment carefully and avoid dropping it on the floor. They advise this because misuse and mishandling can result in unreliable readings.
Another piece of advice from experts and manufacturers is to keep the base surface clean and dirt-free. Simply because dirt and obstructions can affect a spirit level’s ability to accurately measure surfaces.
Spirit levels tend to come in the following lengths (although you can find shorter and longer ones if you shop around):
- 250mm / 10 inch / 0.25 metres
- 600mm / 2 foot / 0.6 metres
- 900mm / 3 foot / 0.9 metres
- 1200mm / 4 foot / 1.2 metres
Perhaps the most useful size for the home DIY toolkit is the 600mm version.
To check the quality and reliability of a spirit level, examine the bubble inside the vial. Ideally, the bubble should sit tightly between the two lines when it’s sitting on a perfectly flat surface. If it isn’t, the readings will be wrong.