On this page, you’ll find a list of 5 of the best spirit levels currently for sale on Amazon. The list is regularly and automatically updated with the items displayed in order of popularity, starting with the No1 bestseller.
- High impact shock proof level
- Aluminium frame and shock resistant rubber ends
- V-shaped metal groove ideal on cylindrical surfaces
- 450mm (18") Alloy spirit level
- Manufactured from lightweight aluminium
- Three vials that measure both horizontally and vertically
- Designed for easy readability
- Made from high impact ABS plastic
- Designed to be easy-to-handle
- Do you want to find accurate level surfaces in small spaces? would prefer a torpedo level with horizontal, vertical and 45-degree vials? do you want an magnetic base?
- Confidently find level and plumb with a third vial for identifying a 45 agree angle.
- High visibility vials and a top reading window make angle readings quick and easy. Overall length of 9 inches makes this spirit level ideal for many applications including those in tight spaces.
- Flexible - The magnetic level has three levels. A horizontal, vertical and angle bubble allows exact measurements in horizontal, vertical or 45 degree inclinations. Practical PRESCH torpedo levels!
- Precise - The small spirit level bubble viewing window gives you three sides from which to check that everything is in line. It can be used to screw on sockets and to hang or stick up pictures.
- Universal - The magnetic spirit level is Ideal for drywall construction, scaffolding, camping, for craftsmen such as electricians to mark switches, sockets, flush-mounted boxes and screws. Or for DIY
Spirit Level Buyer’s Guide
Spirit levels are used for checking if a surface is perfectly vertical or horizontal. Or in some cases (such as laying a patio or decking that requires adequate drainage), making sure they’re not.
And as with most tools, avoiding the cheap crap and buying a good quality product from a well-known manufacturer and looking after it, will go a long way to making it for years and years.
Experts and manufacturers advise against using spirit levels for anything other than performing the job they’re designed to do. They also advise owners to handle the equipment carefully and avoid dropping it on the floor. They advise this because misuse and mishandling can result in unreliable readings.
Another piece of advice from experts and manufacturers is to keep the base surface clean and dirt-free. Simply because dirt and obstructions can affect a spirit level’s ability to accurately measure surfaces.
Spirit levels tend to come in the following lengths (although you can find shorter and longer ones if you shop around):
- 250mm / 10 inch / 0.25 metres
- 600mm / 2 foot / 0.6 metres
- 900mm / 3 foot / 0.9 metres
- 1200mm / 4 foot / 1.2 metres
Perhaps the most useful size for the home DIY toolkit is the 600mm version.
To check the quality and reliability of a spirit level, examine the bubble inside the vial. Ideally, the bubble should sit tightly between the two lines when it’s sitting on a perfectly flat surface. If it isn’t, the readings will be wrong.