Dave’s DIY Tips is continuing to grow and on the lookout for additional writers to produce interesting and useful content for the home DIYer.
We’re looking to build ongoing working relationships with people who know what they’re talking about and are passionate about DIY.
Please note: We add the nofollow tag to all external links.
Guest Posting Guidelines
We are looking for detailed content that answers questions and provides solutions. What we are not looking for, and what we won’t accept, is thin content written solely for generating a link.
- Minimum word count of 1200 (no maximum)
- Add links to relevant resources
- Use images whenever possible, especially if you’re writing a case study about a job you’ve done (please respect copyright laws)
- Video is good too
- We prefer original content, but we will republish a great article you’ve already published on your blog
- We may edit your post at any time
- We may add affiliate links to your post (usually to products on Amazon – we won’t link to a competitor)
- Please go into as much detail as possible
Easily scannable pages work best on the internet. People want to quickly find what they are looking for so they can get on with life.
For these reasons, we recommend:
- Attention grabbing headlines
- Great photography/images
- Short paragraphs
- Bullet points
- Bold text for emphasis
We allow links within the body of each post as long as they benefit the user experience. You can link to your own content, but please also link to other relevant pages on the internet and on this site.
- We may add more links to your posts if we feel they improve the user experience
- We do not specify a maximum number of links, but please don’t include too many
- Whenever possible, please link to pages on this site
Guest Post Lifespan
All articles stay on the site for at least twelve months, after which time, if it’s not working for any reason, we may remove it or ask you to re-write it.
Dave’s DIY Tips generates income from advertising and the promotion of affiliate products. We may use your article to promote or link to an affiliate offer.
Write for Us/Submit a Guest Post
If you are happy with everything you have read and want to write for us, please complete the form on this page.